Roman Catholic Schools in the Archdiocese of New York base their educational purpose and all their activities on the Christian teaching of the essential equality of all persons as rooted in God’s love.
Thus, with discrimination so repugnant to their nature and mission, Catholic Schools in this Archdiocese do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin or gender in the administration of educational policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs as well as in athletic and other school-administered programs.
This policy is subscribed to by all Catholic elementary and secondary schools in the Archdiocese of New York, whether owned or operated by the Archdiocese, the parishes of the Archdiocese or religious communities within the Archdiocese.
In order to begin the process for admission to St. Martin de Porres School, parents should complete the St. Martin de Porres School application form, followed by an interview with the school principal. Once parents have provided all the required documents, parents will then be notified about the status of the child’s admission.
The long-standing regulations regarding registration and acceptance into Saint Martin de Porres School give preference to students in the following order:
- Those returning students currently enrolled in the school, including Pre-K 3 and Pre-K 4 students, those who have met their academic requirements, financial obligations, and all Parent Involvement Program Requirements.
- New students, whose siblings had already been registered at Saint Martin’s for the previous year.
- Registered and active parishioners of Saint Martin de Porres Parish.
- Recently registered parishioners of Saint Martin de Porres Parish.
- All other students who wish to attend Saint Martin de Porres School.
For more information about the admission process, please contact our principal, Kathleeen Leahy, at
We thank you for your interest in choosing St. Martin de Porres School and look forward to being partners with you in the education of your children.